08-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #701
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Fair point on the 718. I think i might have even said the same thing on this very thread. And the Supra. Basically, automakers that put out half-ass products in this segment won’t have anywhere to hide with the Corvette around. I buy that.

Here’s some food for thought, though. GM sold 25-35 thousand C7’s a year. I’m too lazy to look up sales figures for each competing model, but i believe Porsches, M cars, Shelbys sold well from 2014-2017. How many C8’s are they gearing up to make? If they produce 50k a year will that finally kill the weaker competitive models?
The later years of C7 sales fell off a cliff because the mid engine buzz halted sales. Nearly everyone said they’d wait and wait they did.
Bowling Green recently added a second shift, nearly doubling the production number of the new generation. They’re going to make tons of them and sell them all it seems.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0