Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Buying an M car off a lot instead of ordering Euro Delivery is madness.
Indeed, fully agree. I've just completed my 6th one (not all for M cars).

Would you happen to know if BMW will continue offering the Euro Delivery program? Recent trends are worrying...
Are you referring to Audi dropping the program recently?

I believe Audi highlighted the manufacturing locations of many of the models outside of Germany as justification for terminating the program (just like you can't ED an X car built in South Carolina).

I bet the Audi program headwinds were compounded by the participation rate.

As a member of PCA, BMW CCA and ACNA, I was surprised to see how small the membership of Audi club is compared to Porsche and BMW. PCA claims 130,000 members and BMW CCA reports 75,000 active members. ACNA hovers around 10,000 and I believe that's including Canada.

Anecdotally, Porsche and BMW forums seem full of ED journals but the Audi comps (audizine and Audiworld) don't have near the volume of Euro Delivery threads.

I know this is a broad statement but I'd argue Audi trails BMW and Porsche in enthusiast following hence a lower likely take rate on European Delivery.

Audi also terminated the program previously before the most recent iteration was reinstated in 2006.

Like the M track days and the performance center schools, I suspect (and hope) that BMW looks at any financial cost to run ED as a marketing and brand loyalty expense.

Fingers crossed the program lives on....especially with the discount component.
Appreciate 0