Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post

M2 Competition DCT
I was/am seriously considering trading up from my M240i, but my experience today with the M2 was a bit disappointing if I'm being honest.

First and foremost, it had the super thick M Performance V2 steering wheel, which felt like total crap. Beautiful to look at, but horrible to drive with. I mean, who really has hands that big other than Kawhi Leonard??! It ruined what is supposed to be the best part of the car to interact with. My M Performance wheel in my M240i (or even the stock M Sport wheel) feels far better in the hands.
I gotta agree with you here for street driving. I have the thick alcantera wheel in my M3 CS and it's not very comfortable to drive on the street. My hands start to feel numb if I drive for around an hour or so. However, I do appreciate the beefiness on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
The next big issue I had was with the DCT transmission. I toggled between Sport and Sport+ and I was driving in DTC/MDM mode the whole time. Maybe I've been spoiled by Porsche's unbelievably good PDK, but I found DCT to be sub-par. Too much lag from the time I tip in the throttle to when I get moving. Felt just like I was starting off in my 6-speed M240i as I let off the clutch pedal. I heard the engine rev, then a delay (similar to when letting off the clutch pedal), then I got moving. TBH, I felt like I can start off faster in my 6-speed. Also, during normal driving in traffic in manual shift mode, it felt like there was quite a bit of delay during upshifts and downshifts. I would pull a shift paddle and a good 0.5 to 1 second would go by before the shift would happen. Speaking of shifts, they were pretty jerky when they did happen. When I put my foot down and gave it full beans, it would finally shift very quickly with each pull of the paddle, which was nice to experience, but still a bit too clunky feeling in my opinion. Overall, it feels just like a 6-speed manual shifting on its own, albeit very quickly when revving it out under WOT. One of the major reasons I am considering moving to a M2 is for the automatic gear changes when I go to the track, but now... I don't know if DCT is worth the compromises and lack of fun on the street!
I think the other posters nailed it. You were in the wrong mode. I find the DCT to be a huge plus in any M Car. I'm also wondering what traction control mode you were in. The M2C will break traction much much easier than your M240i, even in 2nd gear. With full nannies, it will cut you off if you get too eager. I have not driven the Competition variant of the M2, but even the M2 was slow to jump at WOT because of traction control. In my M3 CS, it must be off or in M Dynamic to feel like it's letting you do what you are telling it to do, I'm guessing it is the same with the M2C. On the track, in M Dynamic the M2 is a complete joy to drive.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
CP911985.50