View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #20
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Praxis.. Congrats on a new car. Where did you find the M3. They stopped making them. Is it Comp or not? 19s or 20s? dct or manual?

Its tough world we live in - deciding between 70K M340 and 80K M3 not a bad problem to have.

So what did you find most different in M3 acceleration/handling?

Definitely take it to some driving schools. You'd be blown away at what this car can do at the track for a 4 door saloon.
And you can fit 18 track wheels and there are track pads available.

Which for M340 i can not find any track pads yet.
Thanks man! I just saw it listed locally on Autotrader at a non-BMW dealership. I did go to my service advisor at my BMW dealership and he said the factory warranty is good until late 2021. I only drive about 8,000 miles per year give or take so it's perfect for me.

I specifically avoided Competition Package because I didn't want the 20 inch rims.

It's AW/Sonoma Biege Extended Merino (beautiful material), DCT, Executive Package, and Driver Assistance Plus. The interior and exterior are basically perfect, leather shows no wear whatsoever. It looks brand new! This is my first "used" car. I would have ordered it exactly this way.

M3 acceleration can be brutal and it doesn't run out of power. The exhaust sounds awesome, reminds me of the M2C I test drove. I don't know why people don't like it.

Sports Plus is kind of lost on me since I suck at modulating the pedal. Handling you can feel the road more. I've set the M Adaptive suspension into Comfort and it's actually a more comfortable car than my 340i was. There are 3 modes to choose from for steering, suspension, and throttle response. The M1/M2 shortcut keys are awesome.

Also, never tracking the car -- I'm boring My style is like driving to the local Best Buy to get a gaming mouse or something when I'm bored...haha
Appreciate 0