View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #21
Renzm
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbmhell View Post
The same issues with my 2021 X5 40i. I have tried CTEK MXS 5.0, NOCO, but no one worked, got battery management message and heard sounds from engine compartment occasionally like the car was trying to reboot something. CTEK stayed at stage 3 and NOCO stayed at 50% after 36 hours charging. I tried both locked and unlocked and the result is the same.

Here's the thread on G05 forum.
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1786709
Was just going to ask if any other models seem to be affected - seems like pretty conclusively anything with the 48v system encounters the same. Our 530d LCI has the mild hybrid system also but it's a daily driver so doesn't necessarily need trickle charging. I saw in some of the comments on the post you linked that mention "only charging when the hood is open". I just checked the BMW Drivers Guide app here and it says "With mild hybrid technology: only charge the battery when the front flap is open." The wording "flap" was a bit of a strange one and I wasn't sure what they actually meant by that but from that post it must obviously mean the "hood" or "bonnet" itself in order to keep the 48v system off. I will have to try this but it seems strange that in any case the vehicle would have to be unlocked.
Appreciate 0