View Single Post
      10-23-2020, 05:21 AM   #18
Daz3
Rep
Drives: G21 320d M Sport, 2020

Glad it's not just me getting confused guys!

Correct me if I'm wrong but BMW Music is totally separate application and works differently and as described by Woody. It's £80/year and can be booked through the connected drive website. The bit I don't understand is that it runs with Napster but Woody, you've been told Napster affiliation is being discontinued?

It's BMW Music that comes with a 3 month free trial when you buy the car(or whatever's left of it after delivery etc - 2 months in my case). I tried it very briefly and didn't rate it)

Connected Music with a 12 month sub through BMW so far as I can tell(also called Online Entertainment) is no longer available. That's what I was using with Deezer until it lost a lot of its functionality.

What I did this morning was subscribe on my phone to Spotify(free for the first month and then £10/month auto renewal if I don't cancel). I've synced that account in the car and it uses the car's data and not your phone's. All you're doing with the phone(or can be done on a PC I think with the code given in the car) is linking the car's Spotify account with the one you've first created online.

However...I don't rate Spotify in the car! I've never used it before but while it is fast to access music online, it doesn't seem to automatically download it for later retrieval and there is no function to display the album a track has come from or find similar music etc. These features used to be available within Connected Music using Deezer. If I want to access music previously listened to, I can't search my library by artist/album etc. Ah, except for one album I must've downloaded or listened to ages ago on my phone. I've got a month to decide on it before they've even taken a tenner from me but I think I'm all out of options?

Woody, am I missing some useful info about how best to use Spotify? Hope so!

Thanks all
Appreciate 0