View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 05:33 AM   #113
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
It does not matter, people will not buy the manual...

Food for thought, there are 82 M3s (F80s) for sale, only 2 of them are manual.

There are 179 M4s for sale ATM, 13 of them are manual.

Manual is dying? people are not buying, especially when the autos are delivering so much more...."performance" when compared.^

Personally, as much as i love manuals....i think they suit the last get M cars much better (the NA engines), something about shifting at 8K+ rpms yourself is much more satisfying, it suited the car. New gen....manuals feel and even sound a bit off.
In general, you're correct. People simply aren't buying manuals. I can't believe Honda Accord offers a manual as the take rate must be like 0.02%. With that said, it's a bit more difficult to extrapolate that people aren't buying manual M3s and M4s based on your numbers.

The reality is when I was looking for a manual M3, many dealers did not have any and they all tried to steer me to a DCT, insisting that I test drive a DCT as it would change my mind (it didn't). I'm sure there were a fair number of people who wanted manual but settled for a DCT.

Also, there are other ways you can look at your data. You can say perhaps there are fewer manuals available because those are the first to get snatched up. When I sold my last car at carmax, the salesperson there said they always have a long list of people looking for M3s and M4s with manual transmissions so when those cars come in, they are quickly bought up because there are fewer available and they are in higher demand.
Appreciate 0