04-08-2020, 10:36 PM   #66
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Regarding shifting with paddles, enjoy it. I don't know how they feel in the new 3 series, but in my m550 I find them too gentle and not as quick as I would expect (after driving DCT M3 for 4 years). So in the 5er I put it into sport plus everything and the car comes alive. I feel the way they programmed everything, the car is always in right gear and even sounds better as opposed to when I start intervening.
I've played a bit in S mode, it's hard to give up control coming from a manual! How did you break free having driven DCT beforehand?

I noticed today that S mode in the M340i isn't as close to my own shift points as it was in a much weaker F30 328i. I think its mostly because the car wants more from me than I am prepared to give on city streets! #1stWorldProblems

Oh, and as part of keeping that control, I was certain I was going to use Auto-Hold a lot. I tried it a few times but it just breaks up the overall flow with that light pedal pressure to get it going. That slow creep is awfully convenient sometimes!
Appreciate 0