Blado
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam330i View Post
Hi Blado,

Thank you so much for the compliment!

I am glad that my review made you feel better about choosing the 330i over the M340i! The M340i, no doubt, is a great car overall, but sadly it would've been too expensive for me if I got one with all the bells and whistles I wanted. A buddy of mine, who just got an M340i, told me that he would rather have a car that had everything he wanted versus having a more powerful vehicle with less equipment. He is power hungry and so an M340i was a must for him, but he told me that if he were to go back in time that he would have spent the extra money for the aesthetic appearance of the Laser Lights and the HK sound system. He said that he didn't really notice how different having those two options were until he got behind the wheel of my 330i. Additionally, he was also quite impressed on how much "get up and go" my 330i had on it!

Additionally, I plan on tuning my car within the next few weeks. A few of my buddies have connections with "Burger Tuning" and all of them are encouraging me to get my car tuned and add an extra 50 or so more horsepower... which will make my car even faster than what it is now! Haha

**Between You, Me, and the Four Doors - I mainly drive in EcoPro mode and so thus it makes having an M340i even less logical because I would maybe use 5-10% of what that car is capable of doing! Hehe

As for your question about the Ceramic Coating: I had it applied on my F48 X1 and I was more then impressed with the product and its performance. For starters the G-Techniq Ceramic Coating really enhances the colors of the vehicle. My Estoril Blue X1 would change from light blue to turquoise/cyan under certain light conditions! It also made cleaning the wheels and the car itself more easier to do. Lastly, the product always had my car looking shiny and new... even when I didn't wash it for months on end!
- For Example: in early 2019 I didn't wash my car for about two months because of constant rain and poor weather conditions and I was quite surprised on how "clean" and shiny my car looked despite not washing it for an extended period of time! hehe

Overall - I would highly recommend Ceramic Coating your vehicle

If you seriously want to go through with it, please read these tips below, which is from my POV

1. Go in with the mindset "you get what you paid for".
- Ceramic Coating both of my vehicles were about 500$ each, but again, I was more than satisfied with my babies. The detail center that I went to was through a recommendation from a close friend of mine who got his i3 coated! I wanted to make sure that my car was in trusted hands... I say this because I have known some other people who got scammed or did a cheap alternative and the results were terrible.

2. Unless your a messy person, I would suggest skipping to have the inside of your vehicle coated
- I had this done on my X1, and being that I do not have a lot of passengers riding in my car very often, I found that coating the interior was a bit of a waste. If you had white leather or maybe have kids who tend to spill stuff in the car, then I would recommend the interior to be treated. I chose not to have my 330i's interior coated and instead opted to have my window pillars wrapped with a clear bra

3. As mentioned above, I had the window pillars on my 330i wrapped with a clear bra.
- Doing this will minimize the swirls that you get when you wash/wipe your vehicle. I did NOT do this on my X1 and you can clearly see what happens to that glossy window pillar after washing it a few times.... those swirls were highly visible!

4. The longevity of the product is mainly dependent on how you take care of your car.
- On my X1 I would always wash my car myself with the G-Techniq car soap and I used special microfiber towels for driving. When I turned in my X1 lease you can clearly see the product was still showing its results 3 years later. I had a friend who had his ceramic coating only last about 3 months... and this was because he would always go to automatic car washes... and that acidic soap basically ate through the finish! So again - it all depends how you take care of your finish

5. G-Techniq is the product I used on both of my cars, but there are other brands who do ceramic coating - EX: "Ceramic Pro" and/or "Cilajet"
- for G-Techniq I did the most basic package under guidance from my detailer. He said that the basic package can do the same job as the higher packages but at a cheaper price.

6. Overtime the coating of the car will get contaminated and it is recommended that you have a maintenance detail applied to it to make it shine again
- I never did this on my X1 but I didn't really feel the need to. I was "supposed" to bring my car in after 2 years to have this done but I never did

7. You can no longer wax or polish your vehicle
- This is what I was told when using G-Techniq

8. Be prepared to be without your car for 1 - 2 days
- On both occasions I was carless for 2 days and my detailer likes to take his time and let everything "settle" before being exposed to the outside environment.

I hope this helps and sorry for the long reply! lol

lmk if you have any more questions...

Ohh and what is your spec????
It's comes with everything except DA pro (not available from factory). Comes with adaptive suspension to get a comfortable comfort mode, non run flat tires. I hope there are no other deletions on it since it's a custom order.
Appreciate 0