View Single Post
      11-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
Sarni
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18d, BMW 320ix G20

Went through the exact same choice last month, currently awaiting delivery of 320i xDrive. I packed it with all technology I could get and came within the limit I set for myself in terms of monthly cost. Admittedly 330i wouldn't have been that much more expensive but with extra insurance costs, and monthly payments, it'd add up.

Still not sure whether I made the correct choice. I think either way I would be happy with the car, comfort is probably more important for me than power - coming from X1 18d I feel that 320i will feel like a rocket to me anyway, but it's not like giving up on HUD or Harman Kardon would make it significantly less comfortable... I almost got 330i with all the equipment but then decided not to as I test drove both and felt 320i was perfectly enjoyable as I could push it to the limits while with 330i I felt hesitant. I think it also largely depends on what car you are coming from. In my case my previous cars were X1 18d (9.2s to 100 kph), Qashqai (almost 12s), Cooper D (9.9s) and Cooper (9.1s). 320i at 7-7.5s range (I think it's faster than 7.5s advertised) will be absolute head and shoulders above all of them anyway, in fact 5.5s of 330i would have probably been TOO fast at the beginning.

For me 90% of my driving will be in the city with speed limits, and I don't tend to go over 170 on highways anyway so I'd probably be wasting 330i's power a bit too.

I think either way you will be fine. I can't wait for my 320i to be delivered.
Appreciate 0