Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Real upset that I couldn't find a ZTK to test drive. The handling was underwhelming with the stock tires. I still can't believe that the M340 comes with 225 square all season RFT out of the box for a car with this much power. It's like they can't commit to making the M340 sporty.

Coming from the M forums, this option would be an automatic selection. It's not expensive, you get bigger brakes, and better looking wheels. I find it amusing that people will spend as much on a driver assistance option and not this.
You CAN option square all-season runflats as an option. Some people prefer non performance tires for various reasons. You probably just test drove one that was configured by a dealership expecting it to sell to someone who doesn't really care about driving the car.

By default, the car does come with staggered performance tires. non-RFT is a no-cost option, kinda, as it does require optioning a space saver spare tire.

However, I think the M340i has become a little under-tired considering it has 380hp. It still has the same size tires that the E46 M3 and regular E90 cars had.
Appreciate 0