View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Big Green Egg (grill) discussion

Quick background...we owned a Weber LPG grill for a number of years and would cook on it often enough. Before moving into our new home in December of 2018, I sold the grill in favor of going in a different but unknown direction for our future grilling needs. An extensive backyard landscaping/hardscaping project is set to kickoff in about a month and my passion to get back on the grill has me inspired to pick up something new with a bit more range. Enter Big Green EGG. I'm decent on the grill and can hold my own but would like to take my grilling to the next level. I know there are a ton of YouTube videos out there and a forum about all things EGG but wanted to hear thoughts, reviews and pics from my Bimmerpost family before I move forward. I'm in full on research mode as I type but specifically, I would like to know the following:

If you own an EGG or ceramic kamado style grill, what are your general thoughts?
Which size do you own and which accessories are must have?
Is it relatively easy to use?
What all have you cooked on it?
What are the pros/cons?
Any other information worth noting?

For those who may not know what a Big Green EGG is, click here.

NOTE: If you don't have a Big Green EGG or ceramic kamado style grill, I'm interested in your thoughts as well.
Appreciate 0