View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #15
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
The egg/Kamado is one of the few that I have not used personally, a couple friends of mine love them and my brother has one too.

The first thing that these guys learned is that it takes less fuel (charcoal) then you think it will. They hold heat very well for long low temp cooks.

Tim uses his mostly as a low and slow smoker, ribs a brisket mostly. Results are good, and better with each cook.

Phil cooks a wide variety of thing on his from pizza to pulled pork, he is a very good cook and gets very good results.

My brother has done thanksgiving turkey on his (spatchcocked), and I'm really not sure what else.

Don't know if any of this is helpful, but like most cookers they are as good as the user. If you choose to learn how to use it you will get excellent food out of it.

I would categorize the egg, along with almost anything but a gas grill as a 'hobby cooker' meaning you really need to take some time to learn how to use it properly.
Makes sense. I'm watching every video I can get my hands on to learn more about what I'm in for. BGE is Atlanta based and they offer a number of classes. I may enroll to get some hands on experience before I take the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v_dub View Post
I live north of Atlanta (Buford. Totes aren't water tight, but never had issues with bugs. I keep charcoal in one, and other accessories in the other.
I have built the tables myself. First I designed and drew everything using sketch up. I work in a cedar mill company so, having all the tools and material comes very handy. here are few photos of the constructions of the table. Table itself is around 250 lbs, all solid western red cedar....
12v_dub Very impressive. Have you thought about selling these in state?
Appreciate 0