10-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #18
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
It would be nice to see a real independent dyno and compare with those results.

I'm still toying with the idea of getting a tune in the near future for my M340. I read a lot about the different types of tunes on here and I feel like a few people have mentioned the JB tune products don't have the same results as say a flash tune on the newer G series platform as the ECU is too complex for the piggyback system the JB utilizes.

Is there any truth to that? I also question the power gains the JB +/4 would have in regards to the newer software versions in our cars, as even flash tuners are still unable to crack the ECU's
I did hear (you might have as well) that 2021 M340i's hasn't been cracked yet. Therefore Mission Performance cannot do a flash on those just yet.

But JB+ is only sending out altered altitude signal, making the turbo believe that its at a higher altitude than what it really is and boost a bit higher. Therefore, higher boost, a modest 3 or 4 psi at that and that does add some quick HP and TQ (sorry i am pretty sure you know this)

So JB+ isn't cracking anything, just intercepts and alters the signal and therefore I think it surely is working in my car
Appreciate 0