CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Of course, I can't say with 100% certainty. But I'm still unconvinced that they're directly related— they may be separate lines of incidence.

What I meant in my previous posts that the plug was NOT giving a Door Open light (and is in fact, incapable of giving a light), but that the light the NTSB references was the auto-press controller indicating a failure in the pressurization system. Those two systems are not directly interrelated in that the door open/closed light system has no direct interaction with the auto-press controller— i.e. the systems are not hooked up together.

There are two cabin sensor ports that input into the pressurization controller, but those are different than the door open/closed lights.

There are a couple of things that make me go "hmmmm", though.

First is that you already have an outflow valve that's opening and closing to meter cabin pressurization. If there was a leak around the plug, the outflow valve would simply adjust its movement since it's already compensating for air exhausted through toilet and galley vents, miscellaneous fixed vents, and by seal leakage. In other words, if the plug was leaking like a door seal (which is usually noisy and irritating) it would probably be compensated for by the outflow valve metering the cabin altitude.

Also, the auto-press light (technically, Auto-Fail) illuminates for loss of DC power, a controller fault, an outflow valve control fault, excessive differential pressure (> 8.75 PSI), excessive rate of cabin pressure change (±2000 sea level feet/minute), high cabin altitude (above 15,800 [...]
Curious your updated thoughts on whether the cabin pressurization alarm was connected, with new information coming out. Prior riders reported a whistling noise around the area of the door plug. This one was a subscriber only article, will see if I can pick it up from one of the news services i pay for.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0