View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 10:57 AM   #658
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
My problem isn't that it isn't "bmwish". My problem isn't even that it is so huge (although I would prefer smaller). My problem is that it lacks good taste. A luxury car should appeal to refined tastes, this is the opposite. The grill might look okay on a Hellcat but not on a supposed luxury car.

Sorry BMW but when I am ready to replace my loaded 2018 530e, it won't be a BMW if they look like this.
Aren't we simply seeing something similar with BMW, to what Audi went through a few years back when they went to their 'singleframe' grille layouts?

I know at the time, many had a similar problem with Audi "doing such a thing" and spoiling their perceived image. Many on here see the Audi as acceptable, as if it is now good taste. Is it we have simply got used to it? Although it is still debated in some circles, even years after the grille's introduction.

Still photoshopping alternatives.... see this link.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/y842elj/

I'm sure the BMW grille controversy will, like Audi's, rumble on for years. We won't all like the BMW design language, which ever way it goes. Remember Bangle's polarization of opinion. I personally don't like the huge BMW grilles, but I don't like the Audi or Mercedes approach either.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50