Thread: First Service
View Single Post
      02-06-2022, 07:24 AM   #15
barian
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Yes, I think it would make more sense for these things to run from the date of registration. If you buy a new car that's been sitting in stock for a couple months I'd have thought the timing of servicing would go from the date of registration - or at least the PDI - and not from the date the car went into stock; due to circumstances our cars effectively went into stock for two months so to me the service timings should run from the revised date of registration.

Interestingly, the due date for the Vehicle Inspection on mine is May 2023 (so three years from the month of registration) while the other dates based on time all relate to March (the month of manufacture). So there isn't even consistency with how the dates have been derived - think I'll have a word with my local dealer about it the next time I'm in the vicinity!
I think you may find that the "vehicle inspection" is the "statutory vehicle inspection" i.e. MOT, which would be due on the third anniversary of registration. The other services would tend to be based on fluid lives (if oil mileage not reached) which would logically be measured from first fill, i.e date of manufacture.
Appreciate 1
JNW13122.00