Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
I'm pretty sure the Calipers are larger. 225 is too skinny. Why would they put such weak tires on this car? You also left off the Exhaust Sound difference.
Ya, when I pushed on the tire packages they escalated it to a 'regional product trainer' who said that the staggered tires are available but only when the ZTK package is selected.

However, this is in direct conflict with the online configurator that allows the 792M (cerium grey 19 inch wheels) to be selected with the high performance non-run flat tires WITHOUT the ZTK. The response I got was 'the online configurator must be wrong'.

The same regional product trainer confirmed that there are no larger front brakes in the ZTK in the US.

Confusing and I am not even sure this information is correct.
Just to be clear here, whomever you got the info from is basically 100% inaccurate, not sure if they were trying to convince you buy a car off the lot....

The 19 staggered option 225/255 does still exist in both 19in wheel options but, as it has always been, only with summer tires. It comes in 2 flavors, 1) Summer run flats or 2) with ZTK you get even higher spec summer non-run flats. It is the all season tire options that come in the square setup. Also worth noting if you opt for the summer tire options you also get the higher speed limiter

ZTK brakes, be sure your terminology is accurate, especially when talking to dealers, the calipers (part that does the squeezing) are the same, however the front rotors are slightly larger. It is unusual for bmw but the larger rotors are, for whatever reason, not called out on the order guide. There has not been any testing back 2 back if the larger rotors provide meaningful stopping performance improvement or just dissipate heat better to reduce fade.
Appreciate 0