03-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #40
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennuggets View Post
Felt like a 5er to me. While it's only grown a little, and supposedly lost weight, I really felt like I was driving a bigger car. Kind of feels like an SUV cockpit in a sedan.

I also really had to pound the gas to get it going. I mainly drove in Sport + in manual mode, the reverse tach wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

But after turning around, I put it in comfort/automatic and it really felt like I was pushing more car. Also so many driver aids-- I tried changing lanes at speed, and the car pushed me back into my lane-- it thought I didn't know what I was doing.

I think the 6 cyl will be a really good fit for this chassis, and the interior was extremely comfy.
Thanks for your initial impressions. Its a shame to hear that it feels so big as well as looking it, I don't really know what to make of it currently. I decided to skip the F series generation altogether, I have a feeling if I go from E to G its going to feel like a completely different car. Feeling 5 series in size is definitely too big for a 3 series. It just looks huge in comparison to that F30!
Appreciate 1