Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidback93 View Post
Awesome! Thank you for explaining what MDS means!

Although I'm even more confused now when I start negotiating a new lease on a G20.

The lease on my 16 340i M Sport ends in December and my local dealership really wants to put me in a new lease. Shocking I know...

I got hosed on my F30 so I want to be smarter this time. However, the more I read the more I feel intimidated.
Don't be intimidated. I consider myself an amateur on negotiating on a car lease but if you do some research before walking into the dealer you will be fine.

Make sure you know what the current MF rate, residual % and BMW provided incentives are available at the time you are looking to get a new lease and what applies to you. Once you have that information, all you need to negotiate with the dealer is the % off MSRP. With the G20 most people aim for 9-12% off so that's a good starting point.

The sticky thread on this forum with the current lease rates as well as the Leasehackr forum are great places to get your information. Use the calculator on Leasehackr to plug in the values you have with the % off MSRP the dealer is giving you to make sure there is no funny business with them putting in bogus fees or raising the MF. If everything checks out and you are happy with the deal just sign on the dotted line
To tag onto this.. negotiate the % off MSRP Pre-incentive.
Appreciate 0