View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #48
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
The true "longer view" would acknowledge that the same start-up issues you're giving BMW a "pass" on were present at Tesla, and that the same "few small issues" situation also applied to the Model 3 at one point.

I don't need to justify my purchase decision to anyone, nor do I need to rationalize it.

What I will do though is call out hypocrisy, such as quoting only sound-bites that support a specific point of view without acknowledging the larger reality of the situation.

All that said, Happy motoring!
I thought we were winding this down, prior to the "hypocrisy" comment.

The issues that the amateurs at Tesla self-inflicted were not similar in scope, intensity, duration, nor inability to correct quickly as compared to almost anyone else in the industry. Much written about this is searchable online, especially by tear-down experts. I recall one comparison in body construction of Model 3 to a "1990's Kia". (In fairness, those reports have improved with Model Y, apparently better designed, although assembly remains a major challenge.)

When in history has CR ever had to withdraw a recommendation for another car due to excessive quality defect reports?

Some corroborating evidence in this link of Tesla's unique accomplishments as noted by owners, perhaps more clear-eyed than some other owners.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...lity-study-iqs

Now that this has reached pointlessness, may it rest? You are happy with your car and Tesla built an unusually large volume of poor ones. Both are true.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 09-28-2020 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0