View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #53
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
FCA has demonstrated that by building the same basic sh*t for years with no substantive changes, it can *finally* screw some vehicles together acceptably well, but that says virtually nothing about their quality.

I rented a Challenger Hemi recently - absolute piece of caca. The paint was pathetic, it was loud and slow, the interior rental-car grade and the handling abysmal. JD Power can suggest that its lack of defects are "quality", but that misses the point. It's junk, and old junk at that.

You repeat the same tired cliches about Tesla quality that are parroted on every non-Tesla-specific forum - it's laughable really, or would be if it weren't so pathetic and transparent.
Quality has a range of definitions, from variance to specification to consumer perception of material cost. Your view appears exceedingly narrow. If the product meets its design and assembly specifications and performs as such, it has quality. If you happen not to like those design objectives at the product target cost, your personal opinion has no impact on the ability to objectively achieve quality. The industry also apparently finds your opinion unpersuasive in defining quality. Rent something else.

As an early potential Tesla buyer, until they demonstrated their array of failures, much of my information originally came from a Tesla forum that I long since abandoned. Lots of unhappy folks there. Labeling the variety of complaints in whatever derogatory terms that come naturally to you doesn't undermine their validity.

Again, glad you like your car. One day, they may make more well enough for the rest of us to agree.

Have the last word....I'm done.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0