View Single Post
      10-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #251
Kebab
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW (G20) 330E M Sport

Car Finally Delivered!

Good afternoon,

Great news, my car was delivered on Tuesday. There were no issues at all. It was definitely worth the wait, albeit longer than expected!

I shall be doing a Lands End to John O'Groats trip in a couple of weeks in it. 2000 miles in 3 days, road trip fun!

I hope everyone who is waiting for their cars isn't held up for much longer, its a brilliant car!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
Good morning,

I have been following this whole thread with great interest, it has kept me sane whilst BMW & my leasing company (Zentih) were behaving like two companies who have never exchanged any information. The following is a sit rep of my journey with this now infamous G20 330e.

Car ordered via Zenith in Lat Feb, it was a real nightmare, but, Sytner corporate were excellent with finding me a build slot. The car was due to be delivered on July the 20th, but, Covid affected the factory production and the order was revised, and re-prioritised to be built on the same day I was originally due to receive the keys. The car was in fact built on the 20th of July. Sytner advised that I should receive the car by the 10th of August. I contacted them that week and was advised that the fleet was delayed and to expect it by the 21st of August. During this period there was zero communication from my leasing company. However, I was undettered as the Sytner team were keeping me abreast of the situation. On the 19th of August, I contacted Sytner and was advised of the PHEV recall and told that there is no timeline for resolution. I decided to not revisit this for at least a month. 18th of September, multiple calls made to Sytner, messages left, no response from corporate sales team, I became frustrated and contacted the leasing company, they had no idea about the recall and were thanking me for the information. I asked what my options were in this situation and was told to expect an email (not received). 22nd of September, I received a call from Sytner BMW Leicester, the account manager stated that my vehicle is ready and will be delivered via transporter on the 29th. I have since received all my insurance and other documentation from the leasing company.

Hopefully, no further issues will surface and the car is delivered on Tuesday. I shall update you in due course.
Appreciate 1