View Single Post
      10-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #50
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

Sounds like this isn't the dealer to be working with. There are dealers who make money selling volume: more cars with thinner margins. And there are dealers who make money pushing for fat margins: fewer cars with less discounts. This might be one of the second type.

That being said, he is right about inventory still being tight right now. Hence why ordering, through a broker, is actually a decent option right now. Regardless, a 6% pre-incentive discount with a marked up MF is a terrible deal.

You need to shop around. You aren't going to walk into one dealer, sit down, and get a great deal the first time around. Honestly, you shouldn't even be setting foot in the dealer until you have all the numbers worked out. You also might need to shop around outside of your region. I don't know if Norcal or Socal has better discounts, but I seem to recall one being dramatically better than the other.

If you can get 9% off, pre-incentive, with base MF, and assuming you qualify for $2750 in rebates, you can be at $587 pre-tax, plus inception fees due at signing (DMV, acquisition fee, doc fees). I don't know what your tax rate is, so I can't give you the with tax number.

With regards to what I said about loyalty, there are two different loyalty incentives, which can stack. $500 is for straight BMW loyalty, which you are eligible for; there is an additional $500 'lease to lease' cash, available if you currently lease a BMW, which you are not eligible for.

Edit: forgot to add that, if you add MSDs, your monthly will drop to $556 in the example above.
Appreciate 0