View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #63
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
No point in debating further the difference between routine occasional quality issues that afflict all from Toyota on down versus those on the bottom continuously failing the basics, but for others reading along, this has apparently spread from politics to automotive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatab...n%20propaganda.
Dude, I have multiple friends wtih Model 3's who wouldn't BS me about their experience. None of them regrets the purchase. They run the gamut from literal old grandma to occasional racecar driver like me. They also all admit that you have to adapt to the new experience a bit, and it's not always intuitive. The analogy I've heard that best sums it up is going from blackberry to the early iphone, man that touch keyboard sucked but the phone could do so many other things so well it blew the lid off the whole phone market.

Tesla fucks up quite a bit, but, so do all the other manufacturers. That's sorta why this website exists, and why car forums exist in the first place, I was there at the beginning and for the most part we started sharing info because everybody was getting ripped off at dealer service departments and had no recourse but an indy mechanic or just ripping into it with a Bentley or Helms manual. The before-times sucked for working on expensive German shit.

Last edited by Richbot; 10-06-2020 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0