View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #64
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Tesla fucks up quite a bit, but, so do all the other manufacturers.
I don't doubt your reports, and am not at all surprised that owners of something as avant-garde as Tesla cars are very enthusiastic about being pioneers. But, the attempt at equivalency above is exactly the "whataboutism" fallacy. Yes, all other manufacturers build vehicles with problems; no manufacturer has a zero defect record. But, no, all others do not fail at the rate or in the basic simplicity of Tesla failures, e.g. bumpers falling off in the rain, sunroof blowing off, body panels that don't fit, last-minute wood parts to support powertrain parts, not to mention the more complex failures of chips over-writing themselves to death and vehicle standstill, etc., etc., etc.

EDIT: No sooner had I finished this post than my cousin in Santa Monica who bought and sold his Model 3 in one year (it couldn't come close to the claimed or displayed available range, he told me) sent me this link. Apparently, the "ready, fire, aim" corporate culture affects other divisions. I hope Space X continues to do as well as it has been.

https://electrek.co/2020/10/06/tesla...rps-nightmare/
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 10-06-2020 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0