View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 05:20 AM   #92
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
You are going to love the i4. Especially the M Version.
It's the litmus test for the brand. Can BMW M sustain a new model which discards the ethos of the BMW M brand? By driving high performance through electricity?
The litmus test for BMW as a whole (not just the M sub brand) is if they can really bring an electric car as a compelling product to market that can rival Tesla.
None of the other auto makers have succeeded so far.
All of them are either missing driving range or size of car or charging networks.
BMW i4 and iNext are promising for both sizes and driving ranhges but what about the charging networks?
Tesla have their so far superior supercharger network. Can BMW compete by offering Ionity access in Europe? Not yet, the network is too far behind and too small...

No one doubts that BMW will build a better car if looking only at the car itself. Teslas are horrible in that respect. I had one for three years.
But for electric mobility, it's not only about the car, it's a mobility solution that needs to be there. This means good high speed charging access. This and either range or size is where most others have failed so far.

Last edited by matbl; 10-20-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25064.00
///M TOWN16046.00