Thread: Fake Badges
View Single Post
      01-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #142
1M4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4 Alp/Sakhir CF Roof 19"

M specific options were the factory answer to the fake M’s

A while back BMW started creating things like different hoods,fenders,spoilers,roofs, that would make it cost prohibiting to create a fake M.It just seems that now and days they wanted to boost sales for a while by sharing some M car options or components to keep the sales strong.While I agree that dilutes the M brand,it doesn’t dilute the performance of my M4.I really didn’t get it for the image because I think that for the money there are cars that have more of status symbol image.A lot of people don’t know the spread between a 320 and an m3 .People not into cars might think a 528 is higher end vehicle due to the series or size.
Fake M’s don’t really impress the average car consumer so it’s kind of pointless.Bmw always gives the consumer good performance in each model and now you can dial it up with m performance options that fine tune the experience.Having owned Real M models and Msport models,I like both for different applications.You just need to make up your mind in the showroom how much you value performance vs costs so you can drive without that feeling of maybe I bought the wrong model.

Last edited by 1M4; 01-21-2018 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Spellcheck
Appreciate 0