View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #21
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
I totally agree with your assessment I can see where the F 80 M3 and the M340i, to some extent, kind of overlap in their appeal to consumers in that both are high-performance cars it's just that the M3 is even more high-performance whereas because the 340i is a newer model it wins out on creature comforts and technology

If you're content with the performance of the M340i then you're going to be drawn in by all the bells and whistle's and the new wow factor of the new platform. If on the other hand you really want an all-around hard-core performance car if you drive the two back to back you're going to want the M3 Angil sacrifice all the new gizmos in exchange for all that hard-core handling and power.

I last drove a real M car over a month ago - thinking back to that test drive and now having the M340 for the weekend I really like the M340, I and I find the performance to be excellent but I wouldn't pull the trigger and buy one without going back into an M3 and driving it again.

I am one of those sick people who wishes they could take every on ramp like it's a track day. When I get onto a nice sweeping on ramp and there's some fucking Prius in front of me i hate it.... don't get me wrong I don't break the law and drive like a madman but I do like to push the car around turns and I can see where if you are that kind of person you would appreciate the extra edge you get from the M3

The fact that the M340 I can make people like
me who are looking at used M3's, take a second look and reconsider their purchase, just goes to show how good the M340i Is.
Yeah it's very subjective. For me there is a huge difference (I was unfortunately bored with the M340i test drive during M Tour, then drove M2C and was blown away... now here we are). Other people feel they are 90% similar. I think the M340i would be better for you as it'll be less of a headache in terms of upkeep.
Appreciate 0