View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #73
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
So if a marriage was made with a vow to "forsake all others", swinging is OK?
Personally I feel that marriage is a sham. Two people can love, protect and respect each other without the means of marriage. Marriage simply invites the state/church into the relationship and adds a profiteer when it no longer works....no thanks. Not all relationship work out, in fact very few hold the test of time.

To answer your question, no two relationships (or marriages) are the same. What works for one, may not work for another. To put all relationships or marriages into the same category is asinine as everyone is different, as are relationships. If a marriage was bonded with both parties sharing the same concept of "forsake all others" then no, swinging would not be ok. In the event that two people are married and they are honest enough with each other and themselves that they are human and that they find other people attractive yet do not act upon it out of the respect of the sanctity of their marriage, then swinging is not ok. If two people who are in a relationship/marriage are open to swinging, communicate openly and do not go against the standards set forth in their relationship then I don't see why there would be a problem.

Swinging should only be acceptable in a relationship that acceptable by both parties involved. If you feel that "foresaking all others" in order to love someone is how you should live your life, then I feel you should have no opinion in the sanctity of others relationships in the event that they do not choose to live by your standard.
Appreciate 0