04-13-2020, 04:35 PM   #49
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Little FYI, I just learned something new; apparently, that hyper-flashing you refer to is a mandatory feature that's required on all US-spec vehicles, not just BMWs. I didn't even know you can federally-mandate a sound but its what it is.

The law also regulates the frequency blink rate that the turn signal flashes and its minimum cubic square feet (7 3/8s).

I incorrectly assume that it was exclusive to an incandescent bulb outage but it's applicable to LEDs also. It's an audible indication that the turn signal light is defective.

Cool feature, yet there are rubes out there that still drive around with their turn signals on for miles.. ����

Its possible that you might have adjust something related to the sensitivity or possible disable that feature, to avoid the rapid-flashing because I'm believe the vehicle is assuming there is a turn signal outage.

I'm digging into it further but the info is scant but I'm sure it can be coded out, since the vehicle is shared with regions that doesn't require this, so BMW would of designed it to be toggle-able.
I think, hyper flashing is happening bec of the 2 US Spec brake lights are no longer flashing when tails are program to function as ECE cars.

Since ECE lights are different and do not have the additional brake light strip, once plugged into the car, hyper-falshing should go away. At least that is my theory.

The theory is to go get a set of European Spec tail lights, plug them in and code the car to ECE values and hyper-flashing issue should be solved.

In theory again, when the rear fogs are wired, they should start functioning at the same time.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired

Last edited by TTG; 04-13-2020 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0