09-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #84
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The Gran Coupe exists because they are borne from the customer's requirement for a more practical but sportier concept.

Surprisingly both the previous and current Gran Coupe's 6er and 4er have proved this by outselling their Coupe counterparts.
The 6er Gran Coupe overtook standard 6er Coupe sales within 12 months. That is pretty significant but also a sign of the times were even the Coupe is beginning to decline.

With latest reports pointing to discontinuing models it's really a projection for the future where these models could continue to decline.

Of course we are seeing. Gran Coupe offensive first with THE 8 and then 2er and finally 4er.
I wasn’t a big GranCoupe fan, to my eyes the sedans looked better than coupe or Gran Coupe for the F3x generation and that’s why I have leased an F30 and now an F80, but I am in Europe right now renting a 420i GC and I am really loving this car! The 20i engine feels dead slow compared to my M3 but the GC combines the driving position of the sedan which I prefer with a more stable and planted handling feel than my last F30. We drove down through the Austrian alps yesterday (about 9.5 hours driving from Stuttgart to Venice) and it was a great car for these twisty roads.

Comparing trunk space between sedan and GC isn’t so straightforward, depending on the shapes of objects you typically carry you may prefer one or the other but the giant opening into the rear hatch seems very useful.
Appreciate 0