View Single Post
      07-29-2021, 05:44 AM   #1
radoslavp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW 330i M-Sport G21

BMW G21 OEM Pirelli P-Zero RFT vs Michelin PS4S Non-RFT Road Noise

Hi fellow BMW owners,

I'm puzzled by the following dilemma and need your opinion.
Being a long time BMW owner I know that going from OEM RFT tires to non-RFT was a day and night difference. Still remember switching my F30 LCI Bridgestone RFTs to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and couldn't believe the difference.

Recently I bought a late 2020 G21 330i Touring which came from factory with 19 bmw style 793i rims on OEM Pirelli P-Zero RFT tires.
The first thing I thought was - next day I go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and swap them.
However when driving the car for the first kilometers I noticed - these tires were really quiet and compliant for my daily driving style, even on high speed German autobahn they felt nice and quiet.

Road noise is my number 1 criteria for a tire, as this is my daily where I also drive my child, so no track days.

I decided to compare specs and get a bit more into the topic.

It turns out that the BMW OEM Pirelli P-Zero specs have noise rating of 68dB where all Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' come with either 71/72dB ratings.

So I'm really not sure now - I know that RFTs are rubbish, but my real life experience as well as technical specifications with the Pirellis shows different?!
I don't want to end up spending hundreds $ on buying Michelin 4S and only have more noisy tires. I already observed several other forum threads in different forums/car brands where owners are complaining of Michelin 4S being on the noisy side.
Performance wise the Pirellis are OK for my driving style.

Looking for your opinions or people that made that exact swap?

Last edited by radoslavp; 07-29-2021 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0