Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
lol 56k 330i
I'll take a G30 5er for that instead. Thank you
blows my mind why anyone would buy these cars new... 1 year later; they are 10k off
Agreed. I buy CPO, a year old or less with no more than 15K-18K miles.

The first owner takes the depreciation sucker punch...
My plan exactly lol but I feel like a used M340i will be rare to find, if not impossible

I currently drive a 2013 328i XDrive and I'm torn between getting a brand new 2020 M340i, or going for a used 2016 340i or a 2016 M3 to not take that M340i depreciation. I have $10k to put down if I finance and trade in my 328i on top. Don't want to do more than 36 months. If I go for M340i I'll have to do 60 months.
Be patient and wait. The right M340i will turn up before the year is over.

It is amazing how many people repent or tire of their brand new (Even custom built ordered) BMWs just to trade them in 6-9 months down the line and take a massive bath in cold water depreciation. I guess for some folks their financial stability and well being takes a back seat in the name of the greatest and latest and been seen behind the wheel of the proverbial holy grail.

But thanks to these folks, we 'smarter' buyers can pick them up CPO for very reasonable money. Most of these cars still look and smell brand new, with full warranties in effect.
There are an equal amount of people out there that like the feeling of a brand new car that nobody else has sat there big ass in and farted into the seat cushions. They drive them proudly for 5, 7, even 10 years. Then buy another new one. I've always been one of those buyers.
Appreciate 1