Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsatbhs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsatbhs View Post
What made you go with the M340i instead of another C43?
Price/something different. There were many deals and incentives at the time with BMW (July) and not so much with Mercedes. As far as a comparison of both cars, the M340ix feels a bit more muted and less connected to the road than the C43. That being said the C43 was a coupe and had adjustable suspension so a bit apples to oranges. Both equally great cars, a toss-up if I had to choose.
Yeah, I test drove the M340i, C43, S4, and S5. In the end it came down to the M340i and C43. I liked portions of both, but I got a much better deal on the M340i. Also liked that it toned down to a better everyday driver than the C43 did, even with the adaptive suspension. I don't think you could go wrong with either, both great cars.
I had the sedan version of the c43 the m340i felt more nimble and agile and would oversteer where my c43 was understeering, in comfort the c43 felt stiffer not as comfortable. The m340 is defiantly faster as well with the better built interior, I did have to order the MPE cuz the stock exhaust is muted but my c43 had the AMG performance exhaust. I was set on getting the c43 coupe but the car wasn't different enough, both specs was the same Msrp but bmw came out to a significantly better lease price and 1 year shorter.
Appreciate 1
Dumi3.00