View Single Post
      07-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

[QUOTE=murdrdf82;26433042]I was deciding between a c43, m340 and used f82 m4. Ended up going with the m4.

The c43 is slower than the m340. Driven both, been driven in both, and seen them race each other. I agree that the m340 does feel surprisingly fast for not being an M car. C43's interior is definitely nicer with the steering wheel + digi dash looking like its out of a 120k full on AMG.

You made a good decision, because as long as you don't drive an f80 or f82 You'll never realize what you're missing and the g20 will feel perfect. I honestly was going to go with a c43/m340 til I drove an f82 and compared to the M it literally felt like a Honda Accord. It's not something you feel at the track, it's something you feel with any sort of spirited driving. Regardless, the m340 is a great machine. My advice is not to drive an M until you want to buy one lol. It'll make you appreciate the m340 for what it is.

The g20 rides way better and has the nicer interior but I love the F8x driver focused cockpit. Still feels premium without being flashy.[/QUOTE

I have owned and daily driven THREE current M3's and am now in an M340. In my humble opinion, the M340 is a much better car to live with every day. Smoother, more refined, hands down faster all around. The car is a dream to drive. I have adaptive suspension and the non run flats, and I will tell you that as good as the setup is, it is not completely unflappable like the M3 or M4. A 'perfect' car would be a full on M suspension with the M340 drivetrain. The transmission is definitely the weak spot of the m cars, the Manual being just OK and the dual clutch being herky-jerk. Anyone who owns an M car knows what I'm saying is true.

There has been cost cutting inside the M340 for sure.... and I'm not happy about it.

Bottom line if you are not tracking the car, the M340 is the better bet.
Appreciate 0