View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 04:18 PM   #4
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz3 View Post
Yeah, connected music. With your car subscription, are you running that with Deezer then - the same as me? I've had no notifications that support is being discontinued. When you use it now, are you able to search for new/similar music etc? I can't even access the album a particular track is from any more.

My phone says I'm running Deezer Premium via BMW. I don't think it's the hi-fi one, just standard quality.

What I've been using was called online entertainment but it's odd that it's listed as not available for my car on the connected drive website. I don't think I've paid for ages anyway(over a year - the last renewal being in my old 4 series) so if it's gone, it's gone - it's just odd how it's happened. I can still download new music into the phone app.

If I have to go to BMW Music instead(£80 per year) then I want to know it's got a decent range of music available and that the functionality will be significantly better. I'd rather not drop 80 quid on it and hope for the best. I tried it when I first got the 320 and ditched it in favour of Connected Music with Deezer. That free trial is long gone now...
I had a similar issue and I got myself quite wound up by it but I was wrong.

I have had online entertainment for years using Napster. It was good because you could set up playlists at home with an iPad it iPhone or pc and they would auto download in the car.

I read that online entertainment was ending but when it was explained I made a change.

In the uk 3 years Spotify is included in BMW. So I opened a Spotify account, transferred all my playlists in 10 minutes flat and now I have Spotify in the car with full access at home.

It's excellent.
Appreciate 0