View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #27
OldOne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Looks like 5x112. Bummer. I now have an F30 winter wheel set plus a spare tire to unload

First impressions: steering and suspension much improved compared to the F30 340i Xdrive. With the dumpers in Comfort mode, suspension actually feels stiffer, with less body roll than than the old 340i in Sport mode. Sport is much stiffer. Not as stiff as the F80 M3 though. Somewhere in the middle. Nice ride overall, not too harsh. Steering in Sport does have more feedback. Actually feels like a real car now and not like a videogame. The interior is quieter. Exhaust is louder, especially in Sport, with nice burble on downshifts. Wife knows when I'm coming down the block now. Digital instrument cluster absolutely sucks. However, there's now speed and tach in the HUD, so don't have to look down at the cluster that much... Overall, the car is fun!

Back to the wheel problem: I don't feel comfortable driving on NY roads with no spare. Been stranded before. Perhaps with this 5x112 pattern, the 19" Audi expandable spare from the A4/S4 will fit? Seems to have a similar rolling diameter....
Appreciate 4
RPM1123280.00
MT4life575.50
Ilyam5894.50