02-15-2019, 02:34 AM   #30
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
Let me be clear about one thing: I am most certainly not complaining about the power output I am merely stating the fact that this engine is capable of more and that BMW is keeping the best for their flagship M3.

Do you really think that from a marketing point of view they decided to have the X3M walk with the honour of the new I6 engine, well yes for now until they release the M3 mid-2020.

There is some contradictory information in the released spec sheets and if you read between the lines you know that they can squeeze more out of this engine and the redline will be at least 100 RPM higher. In my opinion this is exactly what BMW will do.

The situation would be different if the M3 would also be released in the next months but we are talking about probably more than a year between the availability of the X3M and the M3. I guess that time will tell...
What I think is that this is a motor that is better optimized for handling. The oil supply, 3D printing of the molds, which leaves smooth flow. This motor will be capable of 600 HP w a simple tune - ESS, Hex, etc... know what I mean. I cannot wait to get my hands on this thing.
\
Appreciate 0