Thread: 09.11.01
View Single Post
      09-11-2015, 07:09 AM   #15
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

The pictures do stir a lot of emotions for me. Some very raw. I remember being just angry. But one thing that also stood out about my memories from those pictures posted. It was a few days after we were all allowed back to work. A friend/coworker was sending an email with much of the same pictures posted above. What mad me angry about the email was why she was sending it. It was a hysterical chicken $hit email. Saying how scared she was and how the government needed to do more to protect us peons that work in this particular government building. I was pretty pissed that all she was thinking about was herself at the time. Never mind that it took this incident to give her a wake up call that because of the place we were reporting for work that we were all targets anyways. 9/11 never changed that. She was just happy to collect the pay check that was higher than other similar workers in the Federal Government because of the security clearance she held.

While my posts so far have been negative towards people in general, I do have hope. I've been helping out an organization called K9s For Warriors. The organization was founded as a way to help veterans suffering from issues (physical and/or mental) from their deployment(s). The head of dog training/operations was a police officer that took up the call after 9/11 to join the military. He went on I think 2 or 3 tours to the Middle East. His mom felt he has done enough to serve his country and set this non-profit organization up as a way for him to continue serving.
Appreciate 0