CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Well I hope you're right, but BMW has consistently engineered out steering feedback from their vehicles since 2010, they've even admitted it. I don't trust this M3/4 to be any different.
I don't believe this statement to be true for ///M cars (I can't comment about non-M cars). The transition to EPS technology inherently removed feel and feedback, but it is was not purposefully engineered so. BMW actually spent a fair bit of effort to try to minimize the negative effects as much as possible on the F8X:

Quote:
EPS systems can often convey a somewhat synthetic feel, and this is precisely what we did not want. The driver of the BMW M3 or BMW M4 should have a good sense of the nature of the road surface. He wants to be able to feel when he is driving over a drain cover in the road or when the surface material changes. This steering is responsive enough to convey these impressions very clearly – when we began its development, I didn’t expect it to be able to do this to the extent it does.

Similarly, the driver is able to immediately feel any transitional responses in the steering, the moment he enters the marginal zone when the car begins to skid due to over or understeering. This makes it possible to drive the car very precisely at its limit

Source
I believe that the G8X steering will be better than the F8X due to advances in EPS technology, well for the RWD version at least .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 3
seis-speed2430.50
Germanauto9701.00
ra2289305.50