07-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #65
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by On_the_go View Post
Hello,

I’m new to the forum here, and am looking for some insight into shipping times. I recently (in March) ordered my first BMW, a M340i. Production was complete in mid-June and since June 24 it has been in “ready for transport” phase of production. Neither the dealer nor the BMW genesis has been able to provide me any explanation on why it’s been almost a month and the car has not progressed passed the “ready for transport” stage. I’ve certainly been patient and understand the supply chain issues with COVID etc., but this just seems odd.

Has anyone else here placed an order for an M340i since March of this year and taken delivery from one produced in Mexico?

Appreciate any thoughts.
I too placed an order for a 330i in March (16th) for one built in Mexico. I just took delivery of it on July 15th.

I found that the tracking info on BMW's website is not always accurate. A lot of the steps were never listed. Also, the tracker showed that my vehicle had arrived at the dealership on July 10th, but my SA told me it arrived a couple of days later. I too was in "ready for transport" status for 17 days , but then it went to "dispatched from factory" to "in transit" in 24 hours and was already on the ship at that point.

Here is a breakdown of the tracking data. The dates might be off by a day on some data points.

03/16 - order placed.
03/17 - scheduled for production.
03/20 - production begins. (VIN # assigned)
06/01 - entering assembly line.
06/05 - final assembly.
06/08 - ready for transport.
06/25 - dispatched from factory.
06/26 - in transit. (already on the ship)
07/06 - at the port (Brunswick)
07/08 - in transit
07/10 - at dealership. (although dealer said it wasn't there yet)
Appreciate 0