View Single Post
      05-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #8
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Had a strange experience a couple of weeks ago.
Coolish day, around 21C, bright sunshine, no clouds, four people in the car.
The AC a did not work on the half hour drive to lunch and the inside of the car became warm, even though I turned the temp down to 18C and turned up the fan speed.
On the way back from lunch, same thing happened. This time, I hit the the AC Max button for a few minutes. This seemed to kick start the system and I turned off the AC Max button and set the AC to Auto and 22C. I haven’t had a problem since.
I’m wondering if this issue was instigated by the new 03/21 software update and the car has to “learn” again. A similar thing happened to my rear PDC sensors every time I have a software update.
After a software update I can’t back out of my house on the coast as it has a steep driveway and the car thinks it’s going to “ground” on the road. After some persistence (slowly moving forwards and backwards) the problem cleared itself and the PDCs do not come on anymore.
Again, this looks like a learning process that the car is going through.