VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-ALPINA View Post
They are from pre-03/2017 G11 7-series.

I would say you use them wrong if you accidentally turn the turn signals on in the other direction. If you blinking left, just tap to the left for cancelling - then you don't accidentally blink to the right side.

To me, this handles feels so much modern and logic than the old style. Look at Tesla, they have startet to use this design on their Model 3, nobody complains about them. When they are "automatic" like this one, the stalks can have other functions as well (for example when autonomous driving mode - turn the signals to the left on, and the car will change lane and cancels the turn signal when the operation is done). This cant happen when the stalks are mechanical.

And best off all - they don't sounds like plastic breaks.

The return to the old style are definitely "cost cutting".

I know someone loves them (like me) and someone hates them. So sad BMW didn't want the customer choose. I would easy pay 500-1000$ for this option when ordering a new car.
I had no idea about the tapping-to-the-same-side-to-cancel-indicator till someone mentioned it on this forum a few months ago. I lived for 4 years with that car without knowing that (since it was my first BMW). If I had known that, I might have liked, or even loved, it. No one who drove that car could figure out the indicators. It's my fault for not reading the users manual but come on. Who reads a manual to find out how to operate the damn turn signal! It's one of those things that should be intuitive

Again. Not saying I'm right and you're wrong. Just expressing MY opinion is all.

Kudos to you for retrofitting the stalks though. It might help someone else do the same to their G20.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0