09-26-2020, 07:43 AM   #11
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I had no idea about the tapping-to-the-same-side-to-cancel-indicator till someone mentioned it on this forum a few months ago. I lived for 4 years with that car without knowing that (since it was my first BMW). If I had known that, I might have liked, or even loved, it. No one who drove that car could figure out the indicators. It's my fault for not reading the users manual but come on. Who reads a manual to find out how to operate the damn turn signal! It's one of those things that should be intuitive

Again. Not saying I'm right and you're wrong. Just expressing MY opinion is all.

Kudos to you for retrofitting the stalks though. It might help someone else do the same to their G20.
I was just going to say, you should of read the manual but you already mentioned that

BMW 1st introduced the concept in E9X cars and it drove us all crazy. There were pages of discussion. You would see cars driving on the road showing turn signals to the right, left and right again knowing the fact that poor driver is trying to cancel the darn thing.

Of course over the years, I got used to how the system works.

I am 50-50 on this discussion. I definitely like the new turn signal stalk better but would of preferred the old wiper switch. But it doesn't bother me that much to do something about it.

OP, kudos to you for doing this..... It wouldn't of even crossed my mind as something that is possible to retrofit.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50