View Single Post
      02-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #245
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
This sound is similar but is not the culprit, because I can hear it when the car rolls with the engine off.
I see that Glaede appreciated your comment.

But, that is confusing. Glaede posted the video that I am addressing. In that video the car is not moving, but the engine is on.

So if Glaede is posting a video of the sound/noise he hears, and you're saying that the sound/noise you are hearing is "similar", but you can hear it when the car is rolling with the engine off, then that suggests you guys are having two different issues that are similar in perceived sound.
And if that is true, then the sound/noises are being created in completely different ways.

The video's sound/noise clearly is a non moving car with the engine running. And your noise is there when the car is moving, but the engine is off.

So then fellas, perhaps the noises and sources are different?

The cold weather sound level difference is interesting.
Now, I'm just going to throw some things out there.
On an off chance possibility, I wonder if this sound, or the other, is related to something in the HVAC plumbing/routing of the air flow? If you set the airflow to manual mode and then turn the re-circulation on and off, and note if the sound changes.

And, the sound in the video, where is the air box located in the engine bay?

Last edited by RPM90; 02-07-2020 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0