Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

i8 Successor Could Feature 600 HP and Retain Carbon Fiber Construction

BIMMERPOST NEWS
i8 Successor Could Feature 600 HP and Retain Carbon Fiber Construction
COMMENTS

Car and Driver has published its speculations on the successor to the i8, based on the Vision M Next concept car, claiming that the halo supercar will feature electric motor at the front axle and a gas engine with electric motor at the rear. The gas engine will be an inline-four. They also believe that the body will remain a carbon fiber tub.
"Following the i8's lead, this supercar will have an electrified front axle and combine a turbocharged gas engine with an electric motor on the rear axle. But here you'll find an inline-four instead of the i8's inline-three. The battery will enable at least 60 miles of EV driving between charges. Combined output will flirt with 600 ponies, so that should address anyone's concerns about the i8 M having the motor(s) to back up its M1 looks.

After BMW sold most of its interest in a Washington carbon-fiber plant, reports suggested there would be no more carbon-bodied Bimmers. We're guessing those reports are wrong. An evolution of the i8's carbon-fiber tub seems inevitable, as the concept shows off unpainted composite sills and trim. BMW may mix in some structural metal, though."

Full article at: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...onfirmed-2024/

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 4
quick6750.50
AlexFL7833.00
Nachbar8023.00
JSP///M4C103.00