Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Here is how to make 3d view and remote stuff work:

It is a sequence of events that needs to happen

You buy the car
Dealer sends electronic registration to bmw at delivery
Car appears on your account with bmw connected services. Email is the primary search field
Go to bmw connected website and open the account with this email. You should see your car. If not go back to dealer and ask them to register. Call BMW connected to make sure the server is online.

When you see you car on line. Download app on iPhone. Android does not work for remote start
Log in to app with your account. You should see your car. If not - repeat the steps above until you do.

Go to the car and enable all services. Including data privacy. Remote start and remote 3d is part of it

On i drive create your profile with the same email as connected drive
Sync it.

On the apple app
Remote start is called. Climatize
Click it. Look for red bar to turn green,

3d view should now show refresh view. It should take a second to connect to server. takes several tries.

Also try to update services (click on app menu, go to the left screen sub-menu. click option below idrive scroller next to gearbox, select update services) and reboot the Nav to get connected properly after all the above (hold volume button in for 30 sec).
Thanks! I will give this a try in a min. Also, I don't see climatize on the app (just remote start now), I thought it was there the other day! I do recall using climatize, via the app, the 2nd day I had the car.

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)

Last edited by BigSky702; 05-20-2019 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0