12-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #20
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
I think it’s gotten a bit better overall, but still has some ways to go. You certainly find more interesting restaurants in smaller cities across the country than you used to be able to, say 10-20 years ago. A lot more variety and fresh ingredients outside of the major cities than I used to see. But we eat at home most of the time so the food scene is whatever we make it
Agree that the food-at-home scene is what you make it. That is helped, at the same time, by widespread availability of fresh high quality ingredients. This is not the case in many, likely most, areas outside major cities in the US.

Sources of high quality fresh fruit and vegetables, and high quality bread, meat, cheese and dairy products is poor outside of major cities. Kroger, Meijer, Walmart, (super) Target and the like are selling low quality products. In many locations outside of major cities, there are no viable alternatives, outside of small and seasonal farmers' markets often with limited product selection.

I enjoy cooking and consider myself pretty good at it. The food supply industry needs to come along for the ride. I am willing to pay premium prices for the products I am seeking. In my particular part of the world, there is no one for me to give my money to.

Last edited by chassis; 12-29-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0