Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3erMan View Post
I got my info from BMW Genius today. Arrived at Baltimore in 9/15. VPC on 9/16. Released to carrier on 9/17. Will arrive at dealer on 9/19 or 9/21.

Edit: Genius actually told me that ETA to dealer was 9/28. I knew that wasn't right, so I checked with dealer. CA told me it's 2 or 3 days from VPC to dealer.
Wow, that's a quick turnaround from arriving at the port. Make sure you introduce the car once you take delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc009 View Post
how long is the car normally in the "ready for transport stage". I believe mine has been at this stage for 4 days now and I have read others say it usually is only in this stage for 1 day if that then goes to "awaiting carrier assignment". This is my first ordered car btw so new to this. Plus does anyone know how long it takes from the boat to the east coast? Thanks
Mine has been Ready for transport since 9/2. So that's 19 days now....if it usually takes 2-3 weeks, hopefully I see an update by Wednesday, which would mark 3 full weeks. I'm slowly dying inside at how long this process has taken. #firstworldproblems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLG19 View Post
You should expect somewhere between 2-3 weeks for carrier assignment, but it all depends on where you are in the production cycle to when the boat schedule picked up the vehicles. 2-3 weeks is a good estimate.

Two factors when determining time to port delivery on east coast. Although I have not experienced this first part, the boat could start on north and head south to all ports.. or as mine did, south heading north. Mine left Mexico on Sept 3rd and arrived in Baltimore on the 16th... had 6 port stops in between.
Then I really hope to see an update on my car in the next 3 days. Wednesday marks 3 weeks since it entered Ready for transport. Looking forward to seeing your (and others on this thread) car once it arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
Mine sat in that stage for 3 weeks and it skipped all the way to in transit, but there were other people who's car only sat in that stage for a few days and there order made the boat in time. So as BLG said it's usually about 2-3 weeks unless you get lucky. My car was also on the boat with BLG and my car reached the NJ/NYC port on the 18th, also each port stop the boat makes it usually sits at that port for a full day
Same boat as you, somewhat..still waiting for an update from Ready for transit, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_jacobli View Post
My build rolled off the production line on Sep. 1st yet it's still in the stage of ready for transport. If you got lucky your car might as well be on the same boat as the majority of us who's waiting for a carrier assignment. Hopefully there'll be an update on the progress before next week so that it's possible for us to take delivery at the end of this month or at the beginning of October but who knows
Sounds like our cars will be travel buddies. I'm fine with taking delivery at the beginning of October, but don't know if that's realistic until I see my car in transit. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc009 View Post
Thanks for the responses, clearly the people I have read about getting assigned a carrier about a day after ready for transport were extremely lucky then. But yeah hopefully I am on the next ship with you! My order was placed on August 28th so I feel like I am in pretty good shape time wise so far and hopefully stays that way haha
Good luck, man! Fingers crossed.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0